Pancakes are one of my toddler daughter’s favorite foods, so here’s another one for the books. You’ll see on our site that we have dog pancakes, raspberry chocolate chip pancakes, and bunny rabbit pancakes. Now I’ve decided to take it a step further with three-dimensional animal pancakes. Just before the weekend we found ourselves with some extra time so we decided to make 3-D pancakes. In this post, I will show you how to make 3-D piggy pancakes, 3-D puppy dog pancakes, and 3-D bunny rabbit pancakes.
3-D Pancakes Are Easier Than You Think!
It’s true – I never realized how much cuter pancakes could be if they had stackable animal faces, but it really isn’t that tricky to make them. I already enjoy making shaped pancakes for my daughter. We have tried [somewhat successfully] to make puppy dogs, bunny rabbits, piggies, sharks, fish, and a few other creations. I am by no means a pancake artist, at least not yet, but she doesn’t care, and it definitely gets her eating up to three or four pancakes in one sitting!
Here are the simple steps to making your own three-dimensional piggy, puppy dog, and bunny rabbit pancakes:
3-D Pancakes Instructions:
- Make pancake batter according to box or recipe.
- Bring griddle up to medium heat.
- Spray with cooking spray.
- Pour first animal’s head shape.
- For a dog, make a circle or oval and add two oval ears to the top.
- For a piggy, make a fat circle and add two scrappy ears to the top.
- For a bunny, make a circle and add two long, upright ears to the top.
- Quickly add two raisins or chocolate chips for eyes.
- Next, make small circle pancakes for the animals’ muzzles. These may be around half-dollar size or different according to how big you’ve made your animal pancakes.
- For a dog, make a small circle pancake and put one raisin or chocolate chip in it, a little toward the top.
- For a piggy, make a small circle pancake and add two raisins or chocolate chips for the piggy’s nostrils.
- For a bunny, smush the raisin into more of a triangle shape and put it toward the top of the small circle pancake.
- Continue cooking the pancakes until you run out of batter. If you are feeling more creative, try to make other creatures or three-dimensional designs as well.
You can make piggy or cow pancakes easily with some extra raisins in the smaller pancake circles!
If you have other ideas for three-dimensional pancakes, please share them in our comments below!